The Mississippi Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (MAHPERD) is a professional organization of Mississippi educators, administrators, coaches, and young professionals involved in all aspects of health, physical education, recreation, and dance.
MAHPERD serves as an advocate for quality programs that encourage healthy, physically active lifestyles. This ongoing pursuit of MAHPERD’s mission is facilitated by providing HPERD-related professional development and networking opportunities through:
- Annual MAHPERD State-wide Convention (1st full weekend each November)
- Specialty Focused Workshops
- HPERD Resource Links via the Website
- Online Newsletter and the MAHPERD Journal
- Opportunities for Legislative Advocacy
- Jump Rope for Heart/Hoops for Heart. (The JRFH/HFH program can provide money for P.E. equipment.)